Terms and conditions
Your agreement with HomestayWeb
These terms and conditions of use constitute a legal agreement between you and HomestayWeb("WE" OR "OUR"). Please read this agreement in its entirety before you continue to use this website by using this website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree, do not click the accept box during registration to decline this agreement, and discontinue using the site.
All elements of the HomestayWeb website, including, but not limited to, the general design and the content, are protected by trade dress, copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property rights.
Fees and refunds
HomestayWeb offers paid memberships. The fees specified on the web site are payable in advance and are non-refundable. In the event that you are removed from a website for breach of our terms and conditions or for any other reason, your remaining subscription will be lost and is not refundable.
The fees include all applicable taxes, including consumption taxes.
Optional Pay Service
- 1 month passport for USD10
- 3 months passport for USD20 (USD6.6 a month)
- 1 year passport for USD50 (USD4.2 a month)
HomestayWeb reserves the right to change the fees charged or introduce fees for any of the services at any time. If we introduce a new service, the fees for that service are effective at the launch of the service, unless otherwise stated.
Acceptance of terms
These terms and conditions may be updated from time to time, without notification. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions.
All services provided by HomestayWeb are provided "as is". HomestayWeb assumes no responsibility for the timeliness of communications, the mis-delivery of information, the availability of the service, or the misconduct of any of its members.
No responsibility is assumed by HomestayWeb for the content of any of the data held by HomestayWeb. Members are responsible for ensuring that the information that is entered does not breech any copywrite, intellectual property, obscenity or other laws relating to the written word in printed or electronic form.
HomestayWeb reserves the right to deny access, remove a host's profile and any other information entered by the members.
To deter and identify potential fraud, spam or suspicious behaviour, HomestayWeb reserve the right to monitor conversations in the HomestayWeb website.
HomestayWeb takes no responsibilty for any lack of system availability, and no responsibility is assumed by HomestayWeb for the corruption of any of the data held by HomestayWeb.
Your obligations as a member
As a member of HomestayWeb, you agree to the terms and conditions set out in this document. Your obligations as a user and member of HomestayWeb are:
1) You will provide complete and accurate personal information when registering to use the service.
2) You shall not attempt to damage or harm the HomestayWeb site or services.
3) You shall not enter obscene or objectionable material on the HomestayWeb website. This includes messages, images, the information in your profile or any other form of information that can be entered on the website. HomestayWeb will be the sole judge or what is considered obscene or objectionable.
4) The HomestayWeb website shall not be used by its members to advertise or promote products or services. HomestayWeb may remove the member from, and deny access to the website. In the event of a member being banned or removed from the website, any unused subscription time or referral money earned will not be refunded to the member.
5) The member has to be over 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old, your parents or guardian will need to agree to these terms & conditions on your behalf and if you go overseas you must have a guardian who will take care of you there. A guardian must be a direct family member and also be over the age.
You expressly understand and agree that:
a) Your use of HomestayWeb is at your sole risk. HomestayWeb expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
b) HomestayWeb makes no warranty that i) the services provided will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free, ii) that the information provided on the site is error-free or reliable, iii) the quality of the products or services obtained through HomestayWeb will meet your requirements.
c) No advice or information that is obtained by you from HomestayWeb or otherwise shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of liability
You expressly understand and agree that:
a) HomestayWeb shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profit, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses that result from the service, or the inability to access the service.
b) HomestayWeb shall not be liable for any loss, damage or misadventure you may suffer in the host family house, or elsewhere.
c) HomestayWeb shall not be liable for the cost of procurement of substitute goods or services resulting from services provided by HomestayWeb.
d) HomestayWeb shall not be liable for the conduct or statements of other third parties to the service.
e) HomestayWeb is not responsible for the guest or hostfamily actions. Homestay Web's role is to introduce the guests and hosts to each other, however, after this juncture, HomestayWeb is no longer responsible.
*These terms and conditions were last updated on 7th Feb 2019.
Back to previous page